What is a Parent Liaison?
A Parent Liaison is a person who works to bridge the communication between school and home by helping parents get the information, help and support they need to ensure their child's academic and social success in school.
The primary focus of the Parent Liaison is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children.
The Parent Liaison is trying primarily to reach those parents who:
- need help in determining how best to help their children;
- are infrequent participants in school activities;
- may need clarification of their role in the educational process;
- need assistance in making connections and accessing services;
- associate schools with past negative experiences
What services can your liaison provide?
Your Parent Liaison will:
Belmont Station Parent LiaisonBeth Gloe
- answer questions about school rules and regulations
- help you identify ways you can become involved in the school community
- arrange for an interpreter if needed
- accompany you to conferences if requested
- help you find school or community resources
- help you become familiar with the Parent Resource Center
- give you a tour of the school and explain programs available
- help with completion of forms