What is a Parent Liaison?
A Parent Liaison is a person who works to bridge the communication between school and home by helping parents get the information, help and support they need to ensure their child's academic and social success in school.
The primary focus of the Parent Liaison is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children.
The Parent Liaison is trying primarily to reach those parents who:
- need help in determining how best to help their children;
- are infrequent participants in school activities;
- may need clarification of their role in the educational process;
- need assistance in making connections and accessing services;
- associate schools with past negative experiences
What services can your liaison provide?
Your Parent Liaison will:
- answer questions about school rules and regulations
- help you identify ways you can become involved in the school community
- arrange for an interpreter if needed
- accompany you to conferences if requested
- help you find school or community resources
- help you become familiar with the Parent Resource Center
- give you a tour of the school and explain programs available
- help with completion of forms
Belmont Station Parent Liaison
Monday & Friday 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Wednesday 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
(available by appointment at other times)
You may contact Ellen Wulchin at:
571-252-2240 or email.
Resources for Government Furloughed Employees
Celestial Manna is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose primary mission is to feed the hungry by providing them with free food which is locally donated.
Celestial Manna is open on:
Monday, January 28th 12:00-12:30pm
Monday, February 4th 6:00-6:30pm
Christ Community Church, 21660 Red Rum Dr. #188, Ashburn 20147
No forms to fill out, all are welcome.
Northern Virginia Family Services Shutdown Assistance
NVFS has received a grant from the United Way to provide Direct Assistance to neighbors impacted by the shutdown. The amount of the fund is limited at the moment, but we do anticipate that additional funds could be made available. Neighbors in need of assistance can contact NVFS by calling 571.748.2552 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for additional information.
Loudoun Hunger Relief Pop Up Market
Saturday, January 26th 9:00am-10:00am
Saint Andrew Presbyterian Church, 711 West Main Street, Purcellville 20132
Any questions please contact LHR 703-777-5911.