Preschool @ the Woods
Welcome to Briar Woods High School’s very own preschool, taught by Early Childhood Education I & II students! We function as a lab school to prepare preschoolers for kindergarten – we are NOT a day care facility. Our high school students prepare lesson plans and carry out activities to help your child expand physical, intellectual, and social/emotional developmental skills. For preschoolers who will attend kindergarten the following year, we teach very specific concepts that are needed for kindergarten, and carry out assessments during the year to see where each child stands.
We are excited about providing your child with almost six hours of directed activities each week, October through May. We are fortunate to be able to offer 1 session the 2023-2024 school year. Preschool will be from 9:45-2:30. This session will have a maximum class size of 20 preschoolers.
Briar Woods High operates on an alternating-day block schedule. Each week your children will attend Preschool at the Woods two days per week or less depending on the A or B week. There will be an open house October 5, 2023 from 6-7pm in the preschool classroom.
Points to Keep in Mind
- Please make sure your child is well rested before arriving at the Preschool @ the Woods.
- The Woods will not dispense medications.
- An up-to-date immunization record is required, as well as medical and insurance information.
- All the Woods preschoolers must be self-toileting. If a “potty” accident occurs, you will be called to pick up your child.
- A snack will be provided. If your child has multiple food allergies, you may want to provide appropriate snacks on your own.
- If your child is not feeling well, please allow him/her to stay at home.
- When Loudoun County Public Schools are closed, the Preschool will is also closed.
- During inclement weather, check the listings for LCPS closings and delays. If closed or delayed, preschool is canceled for the day, no matter what the robo call says, our class will be canceled that day.
- The Preschool will also be closed during the week of semester exams in January.
Email is the best means of communication.
For questions or information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org