Belmont Station Elementary School Counseling Department
Students at Belmont Station Elementary School work hard to achieve their goals, learn to their fullest potential and succeed in life. All students will participate in comprehensive classroom guidance lessons and will have access to small group and individual counseling. Through these avenues, students will have the opportunity to achieve academically and personally, develop socially, and build career readiness. Belmont Station Elementary students will become successful life-long learners, as well as productive and responsible citizens in the community.
The mission of the Belmont Station Elementary School Counseling Program is to promote student success through a focus on academic achievement, social/personal understanding, and career development. This mission can only be achieved through collaboration with school staff, parents, and the community in order to help students become lifelong learners and valuable citizens of their community.
The School Counselors at Belmont Station Elementary believe:
- All students can be STARS with skills they have learned through lessons, groups, and activities.
- Al students have diverse strengths, needs, and abilities that contribute to their academic personal, social, career and community goals
- All students have dignity and worth
- All students can be successful
- Every student has a right to receive school counseling services which are an integral part of all students’ education
- School counselors are an integral part of multiple, collaborative teams that are working to ensure student success
- The school counselor is a safe person with whom students can share concerns, accomplishments, and personal goals
- A successful program requires the support and participation of all school personnel, parents, guardians, outside agencies, and the community at large
- School counseling programs contribute to a strong and healthy community of productive citizens
- The presence of a Comprehensive School Counseling Program positively impacts the school climate