Welcome toBALLS BLUFF PHYSICAL EDUCATIONMr.Myers and Mr. HarrisWilliam.firstname.lastname@example.orgELEMENTARY PHYSICAL EDUCATION
All classes will have physical education three days a week for thirty minutes each session.It is important for students to wear tennis shoes for PE in order for safe participation in all activities. Students should also remember to wear comfortable clothing on the days that they have PE scheduled.If a student must be temporarily excused due to illness or injury, please send a note to the PE teacher. If the problem persists longer than one week, please send a note from the doctor.************************************The purpose of physical education is to help students acquire the knowledge, processes, skills, and confidence needed to engage in meaningful physical activity both in the present and for a lifetime. The practice of leading a physically active lifestyle will bring about personal enjoyment, challenge, satisfaction, and a health-enhancing level of personal fitness. As a result of physical education instruction, the student will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate competence in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities. (Skilled Movement)
- Apply movement principles and concepts to learning and developing motor skills and specialized movement forms. (Movement Principles and Concepts)
- Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of personal fitness. (Personal Fitness)
- Demonstrate responsible personal and social behaviors in physical activity settings. (Responsible Behaviors)
- Demonstrate a physically active lifestyle, including activity within and outside of the physical education setting. (Physically Active Lifestyle)
The combination of these five goals help guide students to lead healthy, active lifestyle's.