Briar Woods High School - Educators Rising
2020-2021 Educators Rising Membership Application
Who is the Teacher Leader?Ms. Breinig - FACS Teacher - Ms. Breinig - Room L500/L505
What is Educators Rising?
Educators Rising provides middle and high school students with opportunities to explore teaching as a career option.
It helps students gain a realistic understanding of the nature of education and the role of the teacher.
Who is eligible to join Educators Rising?
Educators Rising is an integral part of the Family and Consumer Sciences curriculum. Because the organization is co-curricular in structure, any student, through grade twelve, who is taking or has taken a course in Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) is eligible to belong to Educators Rising.
In Virginia, nearly 1500 students, are members of this exciting organization. Involvement in Educators Rising offers them the opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life - planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal communication - necessary in the home and workplace.
How do I join?
BWHS Educators Rising meets in Room L505, during Activity Club blocks.
1. Complete a Membership Form/be currently or previously enrolled in Introduction to Early Childhood, ECE I or II, VA Teachers for Tomorrow I or II (Teacher Cadet)
2. Pay yearly dues with check made payable to BWHS - give check to Ms. Breinig L505
Educators Rising Goals
1. Strive to interest students in the education profession.
2. Recruit future educators with diverse ethnic, racial, social, and economic backgrounds.
3. Promote academic excellence and leadership responsibilities in students interested in teaching.
4. Enhance the quality of school’s educational programs through an appreciation of teaching and contributing to the smooth operation of the school.
5. Promote a positive image of education to students, parents, and the community and disseminate information about teaching.
6. Encourage members to be positive role models in the school, the organization, and the community.Learn More about this Dynamic Club
Information taken from Educators Rising.org