What is a Parent Liaison?A Parent Liaison is a staff member who works to bridge the communication between school and home by helping parents get the information, help, and support they need to ensure their child’s academic and social success at school. We strive to make sure that each and every student has the necessary resources to help them achieve their best. In this ever-changing economic climate, sometimes we find ourselves in need of outside resources and assistance. The Parent Liaison is here to help share the many available resources that our community provides.How Can a Parent Liaison Help?Parent Liaisons can provide assistance with the following:
- Free or reduced meals, along with weekend meal bags and daily snacks
- School supplies
- Clothing needs including winter coats, hats and gloves
- Programs for English Learners (EL)
- Providing Interpreters for Parent/Teacher Conferences and other events
- Before and after-school programs
- Free tutoring services
- Fee waivers for school activities such as spirit wear, book fairs, school pictures, field trips, etc.
- Referrals to low-cost or free health services, including eye glasses, healthcare and dental care
- Summer food programs
How Can I Get In Touch With The Parent Liaison?
Casey Hansen, Algonkian Elementary's Parent Liaison, typically works Thursday and Friday.
To Request Assistance, please complete the form below: