- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
Student Qualifications for Nomination to the SNHS
Membership for a student in the SNHS is conferred during the last two years of secondary school education. A student must have and maintain a 3.0 grade point average (4.0 scale) to be a member. In addition, the following qualifications must be met and maintained:
- A member must be enrolled in at least one honors or upper level science class during or prior to the eleventh grade year.
- A member must be enrolled in at least one second year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- If second year honors or upper level science courses are not offered by the school, then the student must be enrolled in a second first year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- A member must maintain a B+ average (3.5 on a 4.0 scale) across all science courses.
President: Pragnya Pandrate
Vice President: Harsha Raman
Secretary: Joshua Hutchinson
Treasurer: Ankita Kalkar
Community Service Coordinator: Pranav SimhaMeeting TimesTwice monthly (2nd and 4th) Wednesdays - Room 508Interest Meeting is Wednesday September 26All interested Members are encouraged to attend.
November's Meeting Dates: 11/28 4:10-5:00 Room 508December's Meeting Dates: 12/12 4:10-5:00 Room 508Applications and Updated Applications and Membership Dueswere due by October 24
Community Service Hours are due Janaury 9
(If you are having difficulties see officers or sponsors)Application:
Daniel L. Buchanan Ph.D.