- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
Student Qualifications for Nomination to the SNHS
Membership for a student in the SNHS is conferred during the last two years of secondary school education. A student must have and maintain a 3.0 grade point average (4.0 scale) to be a member. In addition, the following qualifications must be met and maintained:
- A member must be enrolled in at least one honors or upper level science class during or prior to the eleventh grade year.
- A member must be enrolled in at least one second year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- If second year honors or upper level science courses are not offered by the school, then the student must be enrolled in a second first year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- A member must maintain a B+ average (3.5 on a 4.0 scale) across all science courses.
President: Pragnya Pandrate
Vice President: Harsha Raman
Secretary: Joshua Hutchinson
Treasurer: Ankita Kalkar
Community Service Coordinator: Pranav SimhaMeeting Times/DatesTwice monthly (2nd and 4th) Wednesdays - 4:15 pm - Room 507
Next Meeting is Wednesday September 26All interested Members.Applications and Updated Applications are DueMembership Dues should be turned in byCommunity Service Hours are due January 31(If you are having difficulties see officers or sponsors)Application:
Daniel L. Buchanan Ph.D.