- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
Student Qualifications for Nomination to the SNHS
Membership for a student in the SNHS is conferred during the last two years of secondary school education. A student must have and maintain a 3.0 grade point average (4.0 scale) to be a member. In addition, the following qualifications must be met and maintained:
- A member must be enrolled in at least one honors or upper level science class during or prior to the eleventh grade year.
- A member must be enrolled in at least one second year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- If second year honors or upper level science courses are not offered by the school, then the student must be enrolled in a second first year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- A member must maintain a B+ average (3.5 on a 4.0 scale) across all science courses.
President: Pragnya Pandrate
Vice President: Harsha Raman
Secretary: Joshua Hutchinson
Treasurer: Ankita Kalkar
Community Service Coordinator: Pranav SimhaMeeting TimesTwice monthly (2nd and 4th) Wednesdays - Rooms 507-508Next Meeting is Wednesday January 9All Members should attend.
January's Meeting Dates: 1/9 4:10-5:00 Room 507-508February's Meeting Dates: 2/13 and 27 4:10-5:00 Room 507-508
Community Service Hours are due February 15
(If you are having difficulties see officers or sponsors)
Daniel L. Buchanan Ph.D.