- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
Student Qualifications for Nomination to the SNHS
Membership for a student in the SNHS is conferred during the last two years of secondary school education. A student must have and maintain a 3.0 grade point average (4.0 scale) across all subjects and have a science grade level average 3.5 (4.0 scale) to be a member. In addition, the following qualifications must be met and maintained:
- A member must be enrolled in at least one honors or upper level science class during or prior to the eleventh grade year.
- A member must be enrolled in at least one second year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- If second year honors or upper level science courses are not offered by the school, then the student must be enrolled in a second first year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- A member must maintain a B+ average (3.5 on a 4.0 scale) across all science courses.
President: Anwita Molaka
Vice President: Srikar Balusu
Secretary: Niket Anand
Treasurer: Ashley Zheng
Community Service Coordinator: Abner JosephMeeting TimesTwice monthly (2nd and 4th) Mondays - Rooms 507- 406Next MeetingsNovember 23 and 30 (ALL members)Membership Requirements and Service Hours will part of the DiscussionALL MEMBERSHIP FORMS ARE DUE November 30
(Returning and New Members)All Members should attend November 23 and 30 meetings.
Community Service Hours
(If you are having difficulties see officers or sponsors)
Link for email information google form
Application Form for Membership Request:orhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1LyWXlBsVUFZhHrJI4uZexzcLVSpCwA9JIbztTQEiUs4/edit?usp=sharingNational Website:
Daniel L. Buchanan Ph.D.