Positive Experiences in Educational Relationships
Need PEER Support?
Student Request - PEER Meeting Pass Request
Staff Referral - PEER Lunch Buddy Request
PEER Advisors:Mrs. Pond - Guidance Counselor & PEER Advisor (Guidance) - firstname.lastname@example.orgWho are we?PEER Helpers are students who are trained in basic counseling, listening and communication skills. PEERS are available to talk with other students who may have a problem but don't want to talk with an adult. PEER members are selected through an interview process. The PEER class meets during the school day and is a non-credit class so students must have room in their schedule to participate.In the past, the PEER class has sponsored:
- "Mix It Up Day" where students are asked to sit with some one new during lunch.
- School wide projects on Bullying, Teen Dating Violence and Respect.
- "Lunch Buddy" PEER takes new students to lunch.
- Mentors to elementary school students
- "Stress Less, Laugh More" week before exams and SOLS
- At some schools, PEER provides peer support for students needing a peer to talk to
This year, PEER will meet during lunch blocks. After training, the PEER members will choose the special programs and ways they would like to build a strong school and student body.
Please note that this is not an academic tutoring program.Outreach Videos - created by PEER students2015 - 2016 BWHS PEER Mental Health Awareness Video2014 - 2015 BWHS PEER Video - Promoting positive attitudes towards peers..