Positive Experiences in Educational Relationships
2023 - 2024 Application Process.
1. Students are referred by a BW Staff member and receive an invitation to apply for PEER.
2. Complete the application process by March 17, 2023 - Application Form Link
Ask 2 Staff Members to complete a referral for you.
3. Applicants will interview with Advisors and PEER Mentors.
4. Selected students will work with their counselor to add it to their course schedule.
Need PEER Support?
Student Request - PEER Meeting Pass Request
Staff Referral - PEER Lunch Buddy Request
PEER Advisors:Mrs. Pond - Guidance Counselor & PEER Advisor (Guidance) - firstname.lastname@example.orgWho are we?PEER Helpers are students who are trained in basic counseling, listening and communication skills. PEERS are available to talk with other students who may have a problem but don't want to talk with an adult. PEER members are selected through an interview process. The PEER class meets during the school day and is a non-credit class so students must have room in their schedule to participate.In the past, the PEER class has sponsored:
- "Mix It Up Day" where students are asked to sit with some one new during lunch.
- School wide projects on Bullying, Teen Dating Violence and Respect.
- "Lunch Buddy" PEER takes new students to lunch.
- Mentors to elementary school students
- "Stress Less, Laugh More" week before exams and SOLS
- At some schools, PEER provides peer support for students needing a peer to talk to
This year, PEER will meet during lunch blocks. After training, the PEER members will choose the special programs and ways they would like to build a strong school and student body.
Please note that this is not an academic tutoring program.Outreach Videos - created by PEER students2015 - 2016 BWHS PEER Mental Health Awareness Video2014 - 2015 BWHS PEER Video - Promoting positive attitudes towards peers..