GEMS - Girls Empowering, Mentoring, and Supporting (one another) - brings a diverse group of young ladies together to discuss issues and obstacles they face in their lives. The primary club goal is to foster a supportive nurturing environment while instilling confidence and leadership qualities essential to future success in participants' chosen areas of interest.
Our primary 1st Thursday meetings will feature expert guest speakers who will focus on subjects of relevance to teens, including but not limited to:
- Dealing with academic and social stress - mindfulness and meditative relaxation
- Civic responsibility and participation - the importance of voter registration.
- Coping with body shaming and negative body images in media
- Domestic and dating violence
- STEM academic and career opportunities
- Appreciation of various cultures, including cross-cultural dining etiquette and business communication
Our 2017-18 Officers:
- President - Kesji Beltoja
- Co-Vice Presidents - Sami Johnson and Emily Hart
- See calendar or contact club sponsor for schedule of morning meetings in room 211. All interested students are invited to attend.
- GEMS 1st Thursdays! On the first Thursday of each month, we invite the entire Stone Bridge community to join us for special events and guests from 4:10-5:10 p.m. in room 208.
- Carla Davis - Carla.Davis@lcps.org