Positive Experiences In Educational Relationships (PEER)Sponsors: Mr. Daniel & Ms. GibsonPEER is a class that meets every A day during 1st block (9:15-10:44) in room 406.Contact info:firstname.lastname@example.org@lcps.orgPEER Instagram: @pfallspeerComing up: PEER eat n' greet Thursday, September 19th during 1st block!
What is PEER?
- Positive Experiences in Educational Relationships
- Peer helpers are trained by school professionals
- Helpers are here to listen and help students find their own solutions
- PEER is confidential. However, if a student mentions hurting someone, self-harm, being hurt by someone else, or a current pregnancy, PEER helpers are required to alert the school staff to these issues.
- PEER helpers do NOT give advice
What is the Process?
- Anyone may refer a student (students, school counselors, teachers, parents).
- Students may request a PEER meeting through the counselors.
- Counselor meets with the recommended student to see if he or she would like to meet with PEER.
- If student agrees, a meeting is arranged with a PEER helper.
- Meetings are held in private conference rooms in the counseling office.
Examples of Problems
- Academic Stress
- Relationship issues
- Family dynamics
- Substance use
- Mental Health
- Healthy boundaries
Last Modified on September 11, 2019