Positive Experiences In Educational Relationships (PEER)PEER is a class that meets every A day during 1th block.Contact info:PEER Instagram: @pfallspeer
What is PEER?
- Positive Experiences in Educational Relationships
- Peer helpers are trained by school professionals
- Helpers are here to listen and help students find their own solutions
- PEER is confidential. However, if a student mentions hurting someone, self-harm, being hurt by someone else, or a current pregnancy, PEER helpers are required to alert the school staff to these issues.
- PEER helpers do NOT give advice
What is the Process?
- Anyone may refer a student (students, school counselors, teachers, parents).
- Students may request a PEER meeting through the counselors.
- Counselor meets with the recommended student to see if he or she would like to meet with PEER.
- If student agrees, a meeting is arranged with a PEER helper.
- Meetings are held in private conference rooms in the counseling office.
Examples of Problems
- Academic Stress
- Relationship issues
- Family dynamics
- Substance use
- Mental Health
- Healthy boundaries
Last Modified on August 3, 2022