Professional BiographyPatti Massey\World Languages
Welcome to 2019-2020 school year.
Mme. Massey has been teaching in Loudoun County for over 17 years. She earned her MBA degree from Boston College and her BA degree in French language and literature from the University of Massachusetts. Mme. Massey studied at the Sorbonne, Paris, France and at the El Colegio de Espana, Salamanca, Spain. Prior to teaching, Mme. Massey was a marketing manager for Artificial Intelligence software companies in MA and VA. She lives in Loudoun County, is happily married, has three millenial children and a big dog.
Mme. Massey is teaching French levels 2, 4 Honors, and AP this year. All of the French classes will be using a variety of authentic materials in print and online to build and improve upon each student's ability to listen, speak, read and write in French and explore the Francophone world.
Please log onto Phoenix for all Announcements, Homeworks, and Class Documents. Tutoring is available on Tuesdays from 4:15 - 5:15 or by appointment in the mornings or afternoons.
Looking forward to a Great Ram 5.0 year. Allons-y!
My 2019-2020 Schedule: TBA
1st Planning - Room L200 5th
Planning - Room L200
2nd French 4 Honors - Room L 210 6th Duty - Art Hallway 3rd French 4 Honors - Room L210 7th French AP - Room L210 4th Planning - Room L200 8th
French 2 - Room L210
Course Information Gradebook & Class PageNHS Tutoring Request PagePhoenixAll my class information can be found in StudentVUE/ParentVUEClick the Phoenix link below.NHS Department Grading Policy Department Reassessment policy
Students enrolled in any of the spoken languages (Spanish, French, & German) will find the categorical breakdown of their quarter grades as follows:
World Languages & Cultures Re-assessment Policy
Riverside High School 2019-20
Retakes are intended to allow students to demonstrate mastery and have the following guidelines:
* Students are eligible for a retake only if they have not achieved mastery
* Students will recieve the higher of the two grades up to a maximum of 83%
* The retake is a single attempt
* All work (homework assignments, formative assessments, etc.) related to the assessment have been completed
* Students must complete remediation prior to attempting the retake
* All retake attempts must be completed within two weeks after having been returned the original
* The highest score will be included in the overall grade calculation for the quarter
* Retakes are NOT offered on skills-based (reading, writing, listening, speaking) assessments, benchmark exams, and county-wide exams (CPAs)
Extra Curricular PositionsCo-sponsor, French Club; Advisor, French National Honor Society; and PBIS Committee Member.