Family LiaisonMission and Background:
A Family Liaison is a parent employed by the school to help parents get the information and support they need to help their children to be academically and socially successful in school. The mission of the Family Liaison Program is to empower parents by assisting with communication between school and home and positively influencing student achievement.
What can the Family Liaison do for me?
The Family Liaison's primary role is to assist parents in taking an active role in their child’s education by empowering parents to help their children by:
- Helping with parent-school communication.
- Helping with community agency referrals.
- Encouraging parent involvement in school.
- Promoting higher student achievement through positive relationships between parents and school personnel.
A Family Liaison can:
- Help organize meetings between you and your child’s teacher or other staff to discuss your concerns, share information and understand your point of view.
- Accompany you to these meetings to help clarify issues that may arise. If you need an interpreter, the Parent Liaison can arrange one for you to communicate with your child’s teacher.
If you as a parent or guardian have concerns about your child’s academic performance, unclear of your role in the educational process or require assistance with community resources, contact: NLE Family Liaison through the front office.
All contacts will be treated confidentially.
Who can request Family Liaison Services?
The Family Liaison's assistance may be requested by:
- Guidance Counselor
- School Administrator
- School Nurse
Special Help and Services
Your Family Liaison can provide:
- Information about specific services or agencies you may need for your child or family.
- Valuable information about school procedures, instructional programs and the names and roles of administrators and staff members.
How can I contact the Family Liaison?
- Call the school office 571-252-1535 and leave a message for the front office.
- Leave a message in the Family Liaison mailbox in the office.
- Email the Family Liaison: Katie Hartney