Watch DOGS (Dads Of Great Students) Dads Program at Buffalo Trail Elementary
This program is a national organization and was developed to encourage dads or dad figures to become a part of the education process in schools. Moms have been seen in classrooms volunteering for years but this program switches it up a bit by inviting in the Dads. Watch Dogs (Dads Of Great Students) provide positive role models as well as additional academic support and an added safety element to our school environment.
Volunteer/Mentor Form must be completed and turned in to the front office prior to scheduled day.
For more information or to join the BTES Watch DOG program, please email Dean Bagwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample Schedule for the Day:
- Arrive no later than 7:00 am
- Sign into the office and receive a Watch Dog Dad shirt to wear for the day (please return at end of the school day)
- Before you begin your shift, you and your child/children will get your picture taken for the Watch Dog wall
- 1st role is to assist with the car line welcoming students
- Your custom schedule for the day may include:
- Spending time in your child/children's class working with students in small groups or individually in reading, writing or math
- Provide support in the PE, Music, Art or Library setting
- Assisting our cafeteria staff encouraging positive behavior and assisting students
- Taking a campus stroll and checking to make sure our school is secure
- Joining recess and encouraging good sportsmanship on the playground
- Debrief with Ms. Bagwell when BTES dismissal is completed (approximately 2:30 pm)