VEX Robotics Club
Established in 2013, SBHS Vex Robotics club has always been a place where students interested in building, programming and controlling robots could gather. We invite all who are interested to come join our tightly knit group of students. Learn and collaborate together with us. No experience is needed; just a willingness and commitment to learn and work cooperatively as a team.
When do we meet?
- During the robotics season, we meet at least once weekly at school every Tuesday afternoon afterschool for 2+ hours. Teams may meet at other times to continue working on their robot from offsite locations.
Where do we meet?
- Room L605.
Who can I contact for more information?
- Teacher Sponsor - Chris Archie, IFT at Lightridge HS
- Ethan Gil - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kolappa Pillai - email@example.com
Do you use social media?
- To follow us, you can check us out on:
- Instagram: @sbhs.vex
- Remind: @vexsbhs to 81010
- Schoology: SFQV-667C-T57RM
What is the time commitment?
- The normal season runs from September to February.
- Depending on how well your team performs, you will be invited to compete in "VA State Championship" in March and "Worlds" in May.
- All members are expected to meet weekly as a team at least once to work on their robot for 2+hours
- During the games season (November - February), each team will be invited to participate in
- 1 competition per month (4 total) on a Saturday
- 1-2 practice matches per month on Friday nights
Are there any costs?
- For 2022-2023, we ask that all members contribute $450 to cover entrance fees and robotics parts.