Inclement Weather InformationWhen the Loudoun County Public Schools experiences inclement weather conditions, the safety of our students and staff is the most important consideration.
How are school cancellations communicated?
In the event that weather or other reasons require either closing or delaying the opening of school before buses start on their routes, announcements will be made over the radio and TV stations listed below by 6:00 A.M. These stations are notified by direct calls and should be the primary stations that are monitored. For full information from LCPS, click HERE.A one-hour delayAll morning programs would operate as usual except that they would start one (1) hour later.School opening would be delayed for two (2) hours with specific alternatives to certain programs: (view changes)One-hour early closing
- All bus routes operate as usual except starting one (1) hour earlier than the normal time.
- All after-school activities requiring school bus transportation are canceled.
- Other school activities not requiring transportation service are the discretion of the school principal.
- Adult Education classed are also canceled and instructors will inform students about make-up dates.
- All after-school activities requiring school bus transportation are canceled. Other school activities not requiring transportation service are at the discretion of the school principal.
- Adult Education classes are also canceled and instructors will inform students about make-up dates.
- All bus routes operate as usual except starting two hours earlier with the following exceptions: (view exceptions)Two-Hour Delayed Openings
Program Schedule AdjustmentsProgramTransportation and Adjusted Schedule InformationHalf-Day ELLElementary School – students will go to their ELL school on a two-hour delayed schedule and will follow the kindergarten release procedures.Middle & High School – students will stay on their regular delayed opening schedule.Full Day ProgramsStudents in these programs will arrive two (2) hours late at the appropriate school and remain until the end of the normal school.Head StartStudents in these programs will arrive at school on a two-hour delayed schedule and will dismiss at their regular dismissal time.Early Childhood
(Pre-School)AM Session - will begin two (2) hours late and remain in school for three (3) hours. These students will leave school one (1) hour later than normal.
PM Session - will begin one (1) hour late and remain in school for three (3) hours dismissing at the regular time.Monroe Technology Center and Academy of Science
Student will arrive two (2) hours late and remain until normal dismissal time.ProgramTransportation and Adjusted schedule InformationELLAll afternoon classes are canceled.Pre-School, Special Education Early Childhood Classes and Head Start ProgramsAM Sessions - These students will remain at school until the time other students are dismissed. These students will ride their regular bus with the other special education students.
PM Sessions are canceled.FUTURA, Monroe Technology Center/Academy of ScienceStudents will be transported back to their home school two (2) hours earlier than normal.GED ProgramStudents will ride back to their home schools with the Douglass School Students.Activities and AthleticsAll after-school activities requiring school bus transportation are canceled.
Other school activities not requiring school bus transportation service are at the discretion of the school principal.