Degrees and Certifications:
Hi Moorefield Station Sharks! My name is Kiki Heffernan and I'm the new parent liaison this school year 2021-2022. I'm excited to get to know all of the families here at Moorefield Station! My husband and I are originally from New Jersey and are VT grads, Go Hokies! We have lived in Loudoun for 16 years, our two boys attend LCPS and we have a very energetic dog named Leny and a leopard gecko named Telly.
Please check the Resources section to view my online Needs Survey
I'm available during the following hours:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday's 8:30-1:30
PARENT LIAISON ROLE
- Facilitate parent-school communication;
- Facilitate community agency referrals;
- Encourage parent involvement in the school;
- Foster trust between parents and the educational community
- Foster higher academic achievement through collaboration with school personnel.
The primary role of the Parent Liaison is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children. Targeted are those parents who:
- need help in determining how best to help their children;
- are infrequent participants in school activities;
- may need clarification of their role in the educational process; and
- need assistance in making connections and accessing services.
What is a Parent Liaison?
A Parent Liaison is a person who works to bridge the communication between school and home by helping parents get the information, help and support they need to ensure their child's academic and social success in school.
How can the Parent Liaison help me?
Good communication between home and school is such a vital part of your child's academic success, the Parent Liaison will listen to your concerns and then work with you to make sure that your situation, question or point of view is expressed and understood. They will help and support you if you need to find ways to resolve any issues that may be hindering your child's success in school. Parent Liaisons want to be sure that you understand what you can do to get involved, keep informed, share information, and help your child do his or her best.
What kind of assistance can the Parent Liaison provide?
- They will provide you with a personal tour of the school and explain the programs and resources available to you and your child. You do not have to be a new parent to get a school tour.
- They will discuss some of the ways you can get more involved with the school.
- They will answer questions you may have about school rules and regulations.
- They will help arrange meetings between you and your child’s teachers or the school administration so that important information about your child is shared and understood.
- At your request, they will accompany you to a parent conference or other important meetings at the school to help clarify information about your child or home situation.
- They will help you arrange for an interpreter if you need to communicate in your own language.