Request Registration for Virtual Loudoun Distance Learning SY23-24
Distance Learning will continue as an offering for secondary students based on academic preference in the 2023-24 School Year. Distance Learning remains fully synchronous, virtual offering for the whole school year. The staff invites interested students to explore details, frequently asked questions, and courses offered to learn about this program serving students in grades 6-12.
All students (rising grades 6th - 12th) interested in Distance Learning must apply through the web application for enrollment consideration. The Distance Learning application portal opened January 25, 2023 and will close Friday, April 28, 2023. This application window is the only opportunity to request Distance Learning for the 2023-24 school year.
- Secondary students currently participating in Distance Learning who wish to continue with this program for 2023-24 must re-apply for enrollment
- Current Distance Learning students who wish to return to their home school for 2023-24 will not need to re-enroll at their home school.
- Students attending school in-person are welcome to apply for Distance Learning enrollment consideration for 2023-24.
- Students who do not apply or who apply and are not accepted for 2023-24 Distance Learning will remain enrolled in their in-person, home-school setting.
- Academies of Loudoun students may apply for Distance Learning. Students accepted for Academies of Loudoun and Distance Learning may participate in both programs if their course requests align with the Distance Learning schedule. Please note the Distance Learning master schedule is built around accepted students and may not be determined until the summer.
All secondary students must complete the course selection process with their home school during the second semester. Students interested in Distance Learning should follow the steps outlined below:
- During the course selection process, students and families must complete a course request for classes for 2023-24 for their home school through StudentVue/ParentVue.
- Students should work with their home school counselor to determine their interest in the courses available through Distance Learning and select their desired courses that support a pathway to graduation.
Each student should collaborate with their school counselor and complete the Distance Learning application by the firm deadline of Friday, April 28, 2023.
SY22-23 Distance Learning
The 22-23 Distance Learning web application for rising K-12 LCPS students is closed. The web application for secondary students (6-12) was open from February 14, 2022- March 31, 2022. The web application for elementary students (K-5) was open from May 9, 2022 - May 20, 2022. The web application is now closed. Students that did not apply for Distance Learning within the application timeframe will return to in-person learning for the 22-23 academic school year.
Note: If your student is new to Loudoun County Public Schools, please work with your home school counselor for application consideration.