Blue Ridge Middle School PTO
Home of the #Bulldogs
Welcome to a new and exciting year of school and a new year of PTO! We are starting the 2021-2022 school year with optimism. As we come back together as a school community, please remember the mission of the PTO - to positively impact the lives of children and families.
The PTO is a volunteer organization that works with the families and staff of Blue Ridge to enrich the school environment and provide assistance with the needs of Blue Ridge Middle School.
The membership of our PTO includes all the families and staff of BRMS; as a parent/guardian, you are automatically a member of the PTO. There are no membership dues.
We look forward to seeing you at our first in-person PTO meeting! We were thrilled to see so many of you tuning into our virtual meetings last year and hope to meet you in-person. :)
What does your PTO do?
✓ Engages in fundraising efforts to help ensure that students have access to resources that support their learning and growth, and
✓ Builds community by offering a variety of activities for parents, teachers, and staff to enjoy together.
We invite you to be a part of making this school year a success!
Each of us can play a part - no matter how small - in building a positive school community for our children! All parents and caregivers are encouraged to join us.
- Opportunities to Connect: We expect to have a combination of in-person and digital opportunities to connect this year. Please join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/blueridgePTO/ Be sure to check our webpage at www.brmspto.org for all the ways we can connect and for the latest information on upcoming meetings, events, and opportunities to get involved. Also, check out our communications sheet in this packet.
The PTO was able to continue its support of the BRMS community despite a vastly changed school environment in the past year. For the 2021-2022 school year, we are grateful and excited to be planning for our usual level of in-person activities at Blue Ridge, including our beloved theater program!
We, the BRMS PTO, are committed to maintaining an enthusiastic level of support for our students, teachers, parents and staff, so we continue to ask for your financial support in any way that you are able to help. Here are some of the ways you can support our students and programs. Every dollar counts, and we appreciate your generosity!
- Bucks for Bulldogs. The PTO and BRMS are partnering for a 'no-sale' fundraiser. Please consider making a one-time donation at the beginning of the year. As activities resume, we need your financial contributions more than ever to help close the budget gap caused by the disruptions from the coronavirus pandemic in the past year. We want to do all we can to make a full return to pre-covid activity levels, and we can’t do it without your support.
- Amazon Smile: Use https://smile.amazon.com when shopping on Amazon and choose to support Parent Teacher Organization of Blue Ridge, located in Purcellville, VA, as your designated charity of choice. Amazon will donate 0.5% of every eligible purchase to the PTO.
- Harris Teeter Together in Education (TIE): Link your VIC card at https://www.harristeeter.com/together-in-education and select our school (BRMS school code is 1450)
- Sponsorships: Blue Ridge MS has a great sense of community spirit. We love our sponsors and encourage our parents to support the businesses that support our school! Our PTO sponsors support all of our students and teachers while advertising to the families of our 900 students in this community. Please consider making a tax deductible donation to help with our school events. (See Attached)
We also depend on your support as volunteers and hope that you can join us! We will provide sign-ups for specific event donations and volunteering needs as they arise throughout the year. Information can most easily be found here, and see below all the ways you can connect with us:
Stay connected with BRMS PTO:
Text Alerts: https://www.remind.com/join/brpto
Bulldog Bytes (Newsletter): https://mailchi.mp/c6766683a492/bulldogs-pto-newsletter