All Sully students in grades 3-5 have received Chromebooks for educational use this year. Here are some reminders about how to stay safe online and interact in your new online environment: https://www.wevideo.com/view/1627224313.
- Accessing LCPS Resources on an ipad: https://www.wevideo.com/view/1628429620
- Launching LCPS Go on a Computer/Chromebook: https://www.wevideo.com/view/1628607580
- Parent's Guide to Using Wixie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR4yM6ns9kA
- Accessing Google Classroom on an ipad: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-uPAt5BUXi22niLvLhHBaOWSBqornlb/view
- Dreambox Access on a Chromebook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D3UYglzk7fTEyPBvywSHRPRCYw4nx237qyC62vlR6Qs/edit or watch the video directions: https://www.wevideo.com/view/1620711092
- Accessing Brainpop links from Hyperdocs or Google Classroom: 1. Use LCPS GO to login to Brainpop first. 2. Click the link to the video from your teacher. (If it requires you to log in, click "Login with CLEVER" and use your StudentIDemail@example.com, with your password you use to get into LCPS GO. You may need to click +New Account for the Microsoft link & use your LCPS info above.)
Chromebook experiencing problems or is something broken? Here is where you can get things fixed:
- Technology Support Center phone number = 571-252-2112
- Students that were issued loaners at time of closures = Should continue to use loaner chromebooks.
- New Students (Gr3-12) and new Staff (e.g. teachers) may use the same appointment scheduler to book appointments to receive new equipment
- Students that missed their pickup date at the recent chromebook distribution sites, may use the scheduler to book an appointment
- Departing Staff/Students (leaving the district) should also use the same appointment scheduler to return their LCPS issued equipment.
Lost Chargers Information from DDI: DDI does not have a way to accept payments from students/families. They need to purchase the charger from open market (I.e. Lenovo). A replacement charger must be the original OEM model, not a 3rd party. The part numbers for chargers are available on the device computing services guide. They can get the part number from me or the On-Site Hardware Support Center.
Hardware Support: DDI is expanding our remote technical support on March 27th and will begin offering additional support for physically damaged LCPS computers assigned to students and staff. If a student or staff experiences physical damage with his/her assigned computer, the Department of Digital Innovation will be operating a temporary hardware repair center through April 10th. The hardware repair center will operate out of the Staff Training Center, located at 43711 Partlow Road Ashburn, VA 20147, adjacent to Cedar Lane Elementary and will be open weekdays from 8:30AM - Noon and 2PM - 4PM, by appointment only
To schedule an appointment, please visit: https://bit.ly/DDI-REPAIR
In an effort to limit the in-person visits to the center, we encourage students and staff to continue utilizing the Technology Support Center for remote help as much as possible (i.e. passwords, account access, etc). The Technology Support Center is available by phone, M-F, 8AM - 5PM. The hardware repair center will primarily be available to support physically damaged hardware assigned to students and staff.
When visiting the hardware repair center at the Staff Training Center, please continue to exercise social distance recommendations to include:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Practice cough etiquette.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissues.
- If you cough into tissues throw them in the trash and wash your hands immediately.
- Maintain the 6-foot space between one another. If passing documents or equipment, place items on the table in front of you, step back and allow the recipient to step-forward to pick up the item.
Please call 571-252-2100 when you arrive in the Staff Training Center parking lot. We will check you in and call you back when allowed to enter the building. Please remain in your car until you are called to enter the building.