For registration appointments for accepted scholars,
please contact Frances Chinn, registrar
MCCS Lottery Enrollment: Enrollment for the 2024-25 school year is now open! Apply through our Lottery Enrollment Form. The lottery will take place on Wednesday March 13, 2024. For your scholar(s) to be included in the lottery for the 2024-2025 school year, all applications must be completed by 11:59 pm on March 12, 2024. For more information, see below.
MCCS is a Loudoun County Public School, open to all Loudoun County K-5 students. There is no cost to attend and no special tests to gain admission.
Admission of new students is based on space availability and is determined by a lottery. After the lottery is held, families are notified of their acceptance status. Students who are not admitted because of space limitations are placed on a waiting list.
First priority is given to siblings of current students. Up to 50% of the remaining available seats are filled with students from the Middleburg area (former Middleburg Elementary School Attendance Zone) and MCCS teacher’s children (Loudoun County residents only). The remaining 50% of available seats are filled with students residing in Loudoun County.
Parents of children currently enrolled at MCCS, are asked to indicate their Intent to Re-Enroll each year by February 28th. MCCS uses this data to determine how many openings the school may offer new students each new school year.
New and Interested Families:
- Apply Online: Online applications will be accepted beginning January 2, 2024, and ending at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, March 12, 2024. Apply through our lottery enrollment form linked above.
- Our open house for interested families has reached capacity. We may schedule another event if there is enough interest. Thank you!
- Notification of Acceptance Status: The MCCS Lottery will be held Wednesday, March 13, 2024 at the school. A Middleburg, Virginia CPA firm oversees the lottery for integrity. All applicants will be notified of their acceptance status by email or phone call (if no email address) by Friday, March 22, 2024. Acceptance will be conditional on the family providing documentation required by LCPS. We request that families accept or decline the student’s spot no later than Friday, April 19, 2024.
- We will host two open houses prior to the lottery. These will occur on February 21 and 28 from 9:30-10:30. During the open house, we will go over how MCCS is different from other LCPS schools, what programs we offer and visit classrooms.
- We will host a meet & greet for families of accepted students on the afternoon of April 26th, 2024 at 3:30pm. More information will be included in your acceptance letter sent via email shortly after the school lottery.
- Register: LCPS Kindergarten registration for 2024-25 will be announced shortly. Applicants should register at their home school and upon acceptance to MCCS, files will be transferred.