Technology Support Information: Chromebook and Laptop Assistance
Replacement Items for Chromebooks or Staff Laptops:
- Students/Staff who need items for Chromebooks or Laptops (i.e., chargers, pens, hubs) can purchase here: https://bit.ly/MySchoolBucks.
- Purchasing Instructions
NOTE: This is only for lost chargers, pens, or hubs. Broken adapters will still be replaced through the normal process via the Technical Support Center, as directed above.
Tech Office Information:
Please stop by the Tech Office during the following times:
8:00 - 8:20 - open for students to pick-up repaired Chromebooks
9:00 - 10:00 - open for students
2:00 - 3:00 - open for students
Seneca Specific FAQ
Can I place stickers on my Chromebook?
- Students may apply school appropriate stickers to Chromebooks as long as the inventory label, student name label, and serial number remain fully visible. Stickers should not be placed on the mouse/trac pad, the screen, or keyboard. Please note that some repairs may result in the loss of stickers.
What are some ways to keep my Chromebook safe from breakage?
- Be aware of where your device is at all times - if it's in your backpack handle the backpack with care.
- Ensure that the Chromebook is used on flat, level surfaces, and do not balance it on other objects.
- Always keep your Chromebook off the floor.
Can I use a mouse instead of the Touchpad?
- Your Chromebook will work with both a cordless or corded mouse. You may purchase these on your own.
May I buy a case for my Chromebook?
- Students are welcome to purchase protective covers for their Chromebooks. We do not have a recommended case or cover, and suggest that families choose one that suits the needs of your student.
What happens if I leave Seneca?
- You will need to turn in your Chromebook AND charging cord, just as you would return any textbooks you have been issued. Lost cords will need to be replaced at a cost of $20.00.