Technology Support Information: Chromebook and Laptop Assistance
Replacement Items for Chromebooks or Staff Laptops:
- Students/Staff who need items for Chromebooks or Laptops (i.e., chargers, pens, hubs) can purchase here: https://lcps.schoolcashonline.com/
NOTE: This is only for lost chargers, pens, or hubs. Broken adapters will still be replaced through the normal process via the Technical Support Center, as directed above.
Tech Office Information:
Please stop by the Tech Office during the following times:
8:30 - 11:30- open for students
2:00 - 3:00 - open for students
Seneca Specific FAQ
Can I place stickers on my Chromebook?
- Students may apply school-appropriate stickers to Chromebooks as long as the inventory label, student name label, and serial number remain fully visible. It might be better to buy a cheap case for the Chromebook to put stickers on. If the stickers cause damage to the Chromebook, then it might be a cost for the family. Stickers should not be placed on the mouse/trackpad, the screen, or the keyboard. Please note that some repairs may result in the loss of stickers.
What are some ways to keep my Chromebook safe from breakage?
- Be aware of where your device is at all times - if it's in your backpack handle the backpack with care.
- Ensure that the Chromebook is used on flat, level surfaces, and do not balance it on other objects.
- Always keep your Chromebook off the floor.
Can I use a mouse instead of the Touchpad?
- Your Chromebook will work with both a cordless or corded mouse. You may purchase these on your own.
May I buy a case for my Chromebook?
- Students are welcome to purchase protective covers for their Chromebooks. We do not have a recommended case or cover, and suggest that families choose one that suits the needs of your student.
What happens if I leave Seneca?
- You will need to turn in your Chromebook AND charging cord, just as you would return any textbooks you have been issued. Lost cords will need to be replaced at a cost of $20.00.