The World Languages Program at Lightridge High School seeks to promote linguistic and cultural literacy while cultivating a life-long appreciation and enthusiasm for languages and the cultures they reflect. We believe that all students can learn a new language and that a global mindset is a necessity and an asset in today’s global society. The study of world languages is an interdisciplinary pursuit and it intrinsically helps students view issues from a global perspective; students gain an increased knowledge of their relationship to the world by developing an appreciation for other viewpoints and a deeper understanding of their own culture and the world at large.
It is our goal to develop linguistic proficiency and cultural sensitivity in students so that they may participate as productive citizens in a global community. To that end we are proud to sponsor and encourage, language and culture clubs, Honor Societies, field trips, virtual tours, and collaborate to enrich and authenticate our teaching methods.
- Standard: Language study is NOT REQUIRED.
- Advanced: Three years of one language or two years each of two different languages are required.
- Pick a language that interests you.
- Don’t be afraid to try something different.
- Aim to go as far as you can in a language-even all the way to AP!
- Take more than one language. The more languages you know, the easier it is to learn a new one.
Languages Offered at Lightridge High School