Parent Liaison Overview
Our Parent Liaison’s mission is to help build a strong home to school connection and assist you in obtaining the resources necessary to ensure your student’s success. We strive to provide a safe and welcoming environment for your student and your family, and we encourage you to be active in our school community. Our Parent Liaison, Michelle Carey, is happy to help you find ways to become involved and to navigate our school system.
Parent Liaisons provide assistance with many things including:
- Help parents navigate the Independence website
- Help parents access information about clubs, athletics, etc.
- Give parents/families tours of the school
- Connect families to local resources for: food, clothing, healthcare (medical, vision, dental)
- Provide school supplies/connectivity resource to students
- Connect families to community agencies
- Provide assistance during the pandemic
Contact: If you would like any assistance, please contact Michelle Carey, Independence’s Parent Liaison at email@example.com or 571-293-1078. Mrs. Carey is available Monday-Thursday, 9am-2pm. All information is kept confidential. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need outreach services.