Degrees and Certifications:
Lovettsville Elementary Library
Our Lovettsville Elementary School Library Mission Statement:
- To support the school's curriculum through student and teacher access to the library collection.
- To foster the academic success of all students through lessons in the library which teach information literacy skills and reinforce Virginia Standards of Learning.
- To promote reading and the love of books.
- To equip students to become lifelong learners who use information critically, ethically, and creatively.
Library Media Services: Library Bill of Rights
The American Library Association affirms that all libraries are forums for information and ideas , and that the following basic policies should guide their services:
- Books and other library resources should be provided for the interest, information, and enlightenment of all people of the community the library serves. Materials should not be excluded because of the origin, background, or views of those contributing to their creation.
- Libraries should provide materials and information representing all current and historical issues. Materials should not be proscribed or removed because of partisan or doctrinal disapproval.
- Libraries should challenge censorship in fulfillment of their responsibility to provide information and enlightenment.
- Libraries should cooperate with all persons and groups concerned with resisting abridgment of free expression and free access to ideas.
- A person's right to use a library should not be denied or abridged because of origin, age, background, or views.
- Libraries which make exhibit spaces and meeting rooms available to the public they serve should make such facilities available on an equitable basis.
Please visit the American Library Association (ALA) site and explore the freedoms library users have.