Do you suspect your child may have a disability and need special education services? The Preschool Child Find office holds free developmental appointments to determine if a child is suspected of having an educational disability. If you feel your child may have a disability and need special education services, please request a Preschool Child Find Appointment by completing BOTH steps indicated below.
Don't suspect a disability, but interested in pre-school for your child? Contact the Head Start office for more information about the LCPS Head Start and Starting Towards Excellence in Preschool (STEP) preschool programs and application process. LCPS Preschool Programs PLEASE DO NOT USE THE LINKS BELOW TO REGISTER FOR HEAD START OR STEP
Don't want an appointment? Just looking for some things to do and/or resources? Check out our 'Helpful Links', 'Helpful Links for Parents of Preschoolers During School Closure', 'While We Are At Home Together', and our 'Preschool Child Find Chat Presentation Series' tabs.
TO REQUEST A PRESCHOOL CHILD FIND APPOINTMENT
Our appointments are available for PRESCHOOL children ages 2 (by September 30) to 5 (NOT age-eligible for kindergarten). If your child will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall and you suspect they may have a disability, please contact the school that they will be attending to discuss your concerns.
Priority with scheduling will be given to those that complete both steps and submit all of the documents for verification.
STEP #1: Complete the PRESCHOOL Child Find Multi-Purpose Referral Form via this link: Preschool Child Find Multi-Purpose Referral Form Please DO NOT submit this for school age children.
- Collect your preschool child's birth certificate, proof of residency documents (see below), and photo ID for a parent.
- Go to the LCPS District Online Pre-Registration page at https://www.lcps.org/Page/187320
- Scroll down slightly until you find the titles ‘Families New to LCPS’ or ‘Parent of a Current LCPS Student’.
- Follow the directions under the title that you fall under.
- Once you have created your account and have logged in, choose 2021-2022 Child Find Appointment Request from the menu and click Begin New Registration and Verification.
- Complete all required fields, review the data. You must click the Submit button to complete the process.
- We cannot schedule an appointment until all of the supporting documents are supplied. If you elect to provide the documents at a later time, we will have to collect those prior to scheduling.
Appointments are currently being held both virtually and in person. In person appointments occur at:Preschool Child Find20 Union Street, NWLeesburg, VA 20176Proof of residency must be one of the following:
- Signed deed
- Signed lease
- Signed settlement papers
- Signed rental agreement
- Mortgage statement for the current month
- Deed of trust