Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Mrs. Payne. I am thrilled to be your child’s teacher and be a part of their very important first year of school. This will be my 29th year of teaching and my second year at Countryside. I love this community along with this school! I want your child to have a fun, exciting, and successful year.
I have taught students of all levels (primary, secondary, high school, and college). I have three Master’s Degrees; Early Childhood/Multicultural Education, Administration and Leadership, and Public Health.
I grew up in Colorado and love to visit my extended family in New Mexico. I have been married for twenty-seven years to a great guy and my best friend, Eric! We have a 16-year-old daughter, Sophia. You may see us on occasion walking our crazy dog, Sadie, around the neighborhood.
During my spare time, I enjoy taking classes, reading children’s’ books (The Giving Tree is my favorite), and spin class.
My Professional Mission Statement
My mission as a Kindergarten teacher is to motivate, inspire, encourage, and support students by providing a safe, secure and loving environment to educate them socially, emotionally, and cognitively so they can continue to build a foundation for life-long learning.
- I recognize parents as the primary educators and believe that a good parent-teacher relationship is necessary for maximum school success.
- I believe students learn best through hands-on activities and in a safe environment that promotes learning.
- Teachers should provide opportunities for all students to grow and develop physically, socially, emotionally, and cognitively together.
- I believe learning should be meaningful and should build connections to prior knowledge or experiences.
- I believe children learn differently, but all children can learn.
- I believe children should be proud of their cultural background and their family dynamics.
I look forward to meeting you all and learning with your children.
I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org