ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT TEAM
The LCPS Energy & Environment Team will ensure efficient and effective stewardship of public resources through continually striving to reduce district energy use and cost without negatively impacting health and safety, the educational environment or productivity.
“Every dollar that pays an unnecessarily high energy bill could be spent for a much better purpose – teaching children.”
• Advises, assists, and recommends to the Director of Facilities Services on alternate energy sources, consumption, and general energy conservation measures; provides input on activities related to energy management and the purchase of any products that affect energy consumption.
• Conducts regular walk-through audits of facilities to ensure operating efficiency, optimum educational environment, and compliance with energy policy.
• Provides input on energy requirement estimates and budget allotments for facilities; communicates on a continuing basis with building administrators regarding their buildings’ energy consumption.
• Prepares periodic and special reports regarding status of the School District’s energy consumption; ensures that the School District is on the proper utility rate schedule and is receiving correct billing and participation in any rebate program offered.
• Coordinates installation and/or repairs of energy management systems; maintains programming for computerized energy management system to ensure operating efficiency; updates programs as necessary; instructs building and maintenance personnel on proper operation of the systems and equipment.
• Represents the School District at meetings, seminars, and conferences relating to energy use and conservation.
• Supervises Building Automation Staff or other assigned non-exempt personnel.
• Performs duties of On-Call Facilities Services Supervisor when scheduled to represent the Division Director.
• Serves as Essential Personnel and may lead Facilities Services Division response to facility emergencies or other incidents impacting school operations.
LCPS EETEAM Program Administrator - Energy Manager
Michael Barancewicz CEM, CEP, CSDP, CDSM, CEA, BEP
1002-C Sycolin Road, SE
Leesburg, VA 20175
Susan Gerson - Energy Manager