LCPS Suicide Prevention: A Message to Parents
How Do I Access Help After Hours, On Weekends or During Summer?
There are resources available 24 hours, 7 days a week for youth experiencing depression, suicidal thoughts or other behavioral crises. Through Loudoun County Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and Developmental Services, help is available at 703-777-0320 for youth experiencing an immediate and severe emotional crisis. The Crisis Intervention Team Assessment Center, located at 102 Heritage Way, Leesburg, Virginia, is open from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily, and mental health professionals are available for anyone in crisis. Non-emergency appointments can be made at 703-771-5100.
Additionally, all Loudoun County emergency rooms can assess for suicide risk and make recommendations for appropriate follow-up care:
StoneSprings Pediatric ER
24440 Stone Springs Blvd.
Dulles, VA 20166
Inova Virts Miller Family Emergency and Trauma Center Inova Loudoun Hospital 44045 Riverside Parkway Leesburg, VA 20176 703-858-6040
44045 Riverside Parkway Leesburg, VA 20176 703-858-6048
Wheeler Family Emergency Department 224 Cornwall St. Leesburg, VA 20176 703-737-7520
Inova HealthPlex – Ashburn 22505 Landmark Court Ashburn, VA 20148 571-612-6400
Also, there are free, confidential 24/7 supports available:
- PRS CrisisLink: 703-527-4077 or text "CONNECT" to 855-11
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
- SAMHSA National Helpline: 800-662-HELP (4357)
- Children's Regional Crisis Response (CR2): 844-NCrisis (627-4747) in English and Espanol
- Hopeline: Chat at http://www.hopeline.com or call 800-784-2433
- In an emergency, call 911 and ask for a Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) deputy or officer.