Mental Health and Wellness
How Do I Access Help Now?
There are resources available 24 hours, 7 days a week for youth experiencing depression, suicidal thoughts or other behavioral crises. Through Loudoun County Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and Developmental Services, help is available at 703-777-0320 for youth experiencing an immediate and severe emotional crisis. The Crisis Intervention Team Assessment Center, located at 102 Heritage Way, Leesburg, Virginia, is open from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily, and mental health professionals are available for anyone in crisis. Non-emergency appointments can be made at 703-771-5100.
Additionally, all Loudoun County emergency rooms can assess for suicide risk and make recommendations for appropriate follow-up care:
StoneSprings Pediatric ER
24440 Stone Springs Blvd.
Dulles, VA 20166
Inova Virts Miller Family Emergency and Trauma Center
Inova Loudoun Hospital 44045 Riverside Parkway Leesburg, VA 20176
44045 Riverside Parkway Leesburg, VA 20176
Wheeler Family Emergency Department
224 Cornwall St. Leesburg, VA 20176
Inova HealthPlex – Ashburn
22505 Landmark Court Ashburn, VA 20148
Also, there are free, confidential 24/7 supports available:
- PRS CrisisLink: 703-527-4077 or text "CONNECT" to 855-11
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
- SAMHSA National Helpline: 800-662-HELP (4357)
- Children's Regional Crisis Response (CR2): 844-NCrisis (627-4747) in English and Espanol
- Hopeline: Chat at http://www.hopeline.com or call 800-784-2433
- In an emergency, call 911 and ask for a Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) deputy or officer.