Welcome to the School Counselors' webpage!
Mrs. Tenaglia, Mrs. Seeley, Mrs. Mahler, and Ms. Lane are your school counselors, and we are ready to support our students and families at Goshen Post! We provide a comprehensive student-focused school counseling program to all gators. Mrs. Tenaglia works with second grade students (except Ms. Dawson & Ms, Picone) and fifth grade students. Mrs. Seeley works with Third grade students (except Ms. Parrish & Ms. Duncan) and fourth grade students. Mrs. Mahler works with Kindergarten students (except Mrs. Guizard) and first grade students (except Ms. Bendorf). Ms. Lane is here Monday, Thursday and Friday and works with Mrs. Guizard, Ms. Bendorf, Ms. Dawson, Ms. Picone, Ms. Parrish and Ms. Duncan.
Our Mission Statement
The Goshen Post Elementary School Counseling program provides a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate curriculum focusing on the academic, career, and socio-emotional needs of all students. We strive to create positive contributors and productive citizens. Our data-driven program is aligned with our school’s vision statement: committed to achieving excellence through authentic, rigorous experiences for every child, every day. Through our lessons and interventions, we assist students in solving authentic problems in their daily interactions with others. We support students in applying our school’s 3 R’s: respect, responsibility, and resiliency. Because of our belief that students succeed to their highest potential when strong partnerships exist between school and home, we collaborate with parents to meet the socio-emotional, academic, and career needs of our students.
Our Vision Statement
The staff and students of Goshen Post Elementary will work together to achieve high educational expectations and success. The school counseling program at Goshen Post Elementary School supports all students while assisting them to recognize their full potential as learners and citizens of our community. The school counseling program is based on the following beliefs:
- The program will be delivered in an equitable manner to all students through classroom guidance lessons.
- Counseling services are accessible to every student through individual and small group formats.
- The school counselors will embrace the diversity of our student population while providing fair and equitable counseling services.
- All students will be taught to recognize what bullying is and identify a trusted adult who they could report to if needed.
- School wide data will be used in developing appropriate interventions to promote academic success for all students.
- The counseling lessons taught at each grade level are aligned with the Virginia Standards for School Counseling Programs.
- School counselors will advocate for children and families, collaborating with all school personnel and community members to support student success and achievement.
- The school counseling program will be evaluated and adjusted based on feedback from staff, students, and parents.
- The school counselors at Goshen Post Elementary are committed to implementing a professional school counseling program that promotes learning and growth through authentic learning experiences for every child, every day.