The vision of Virtual Loudoun is to cultivate quality, flexible, self-paced, virtual learning.
If you are currently enrolled in a Virtual Loudoun class, if you have any questions or difficulties, you can:
- Contact your teacher for help via email or phone call.
- Reach out to Mrs. Fillman for assistance by email Cynthia.Fillman@lcps.org or phone 571-252-1950 during office hours.
- Check out the Virtual Loudoun Technology Resources for help.
- Reach out to Mr. Schwarz, the Virtual Loudoun Instructional Designer for technical support by email Joe.Schwarz@lcps.org or phone 571-252-1952 during office hours.
You can also get free tutoring help from Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
If you have a Loudoun County Public Library membership, you can get free, live homework help 3-9pm Monday through Thursday and 9am-3pm on Saturday. Click on this link and scroll to the bottom of the page under the “Test Preparation and Tutoring” header for “Credo Reference Live Homework Help”: https://library.loudoun.gov/Kids-Teens/Just-for-Teens/Homework-Help
If you are thinking about taking a Virtual Loudoun course in a future term and you have never taken an online class before, be sure to watch the videos on the Student Experience page, and check out the Indicators for Successful Virtual Learners as well as the FAQs.
Free Online Learning at Lynda.com: available to Loudoun County Public Library members, this resource offers more than 4,000 classes including:
- Business and career skills: productivity, marketing, time management
- Software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Job search tools: resume design, searching for positions, working with recruiters
- Web design: graphics, interactive design and prototyping
- Social media and publishing tools: Facebook, Twitter and WordPress
- Photography: lighting and photographing still life, Photography 101, shooting in low light
Attention Users: Our goal is to provide comprehensive information that will help support you and your student as you navigate the many options beyond high school. The content of outside links is not controlled by Loudoun County Public Schools and we do not endorse any specific link or confirm that the information is accurate. While school staff review links when they are inserted, the content may change. If you find any linked home page content you consider inappropriate, please bring the matter to the attention of the building principal. Remember that the outside source Web page may link to other pages that have not been reviewed; explore at your own risk.