Convert Your Work to PDF
The vision of Virtual Loudoun is to cultivate quality, flexible, self-paced, virtual learning.
Convert Your Work to PDF in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or Excel
Save your file as you normally would so you will have a copy you can edit later if needed. To save your file as a PDF, choose File > Save As and select the Current Folder, or choose Browse to navigate to a different folder to save your PDF.
2. When the Save as dialog opens choose the Save as type: option and select PDF(*.pdf). (On a Mac, this is the File Format: option.)
3. Click Save and a copy of your file will be saved as a PDF. (On a Mac, click Export to save your file.)
Convert Your Work to PDF in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides
Files in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides are automatically saved as you work. When you are ready to save your file as a PDF, choose File > Download As and select PDF Document (.pdf) and your file will download as a PDF.2. Your file will download to the default download folder your browser is set to use. On a Windows or a Mac computer, this is typically the Downloads folder.
Convert Your Written Work to a PDF
There are times when you may need to submit work you have completed by hand, or have printed from your computer. When you need to submit work that has been done by hand, there are a variety of free tools you can use with your smartphone camera to create a PDF.
Here are the directions on how to use the free version of the Genius Scan app:
2. Open the Genius Scan App on your phone. Select on the camera icon to create a PDF from pictures you will take of your document. You may need to give the app access to the camera to continue. (You can create a PDF from pictures you have already taken of your document by selecting the import from page icon.)
3. When you select the camera icon, you can choose between “single” and “batch.” If you have multiple pages, choose “batch” and Genius Scan will create a single PDF file with all of your pages.
4. Hold your phone high enough above the paper to take a picture of the entire page. Genius Scan will try to identify the outline of your page. Click on the circle at the bottom center of your screen to scan the image.
5. Repeat step 4 until you have taken scans (pictures) of each page in your document.Note: Another useful free document scanner app you can use with your LCPS Office 365 account is Office Lens, available for iOS / Android
Please note: There are free applications and Chrome PDF Editor add-ons that claim to create PDF files. If the method you are using to create your PDF is not listed above, please test the PDF you create. It is important to verify it will open in Adobe Acrobat correctly before uploading and submitting the PDF document to your Virtual Loudoun instructor.
Attention Users: Our goal is to provide comprehensive information that will help support you and your student as you navigate the many options beyond high school. The content of outside links is not controlled by Loudoun County Public Schools and we do not endorse any specific link or confirm that the information is accurate. While school staff review links when they are inserted, the content may change. If you find any linked home page content you consider inappropriate, please bring the matter to the attention of the building principal. Remember that the outside source Web page may link to other pages that have not been reviewed; explore at your own risk.