The River Bend Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society was chartered in the Fall of 2016. The National Junior Honor Society is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding middle-level students. More than just an honor roll, NJHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments but also challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
Sponsors are Julia Barnett and Diane Crain. The NJHS members will meet periodically after school during the second semester to pursue activities in leadership and service.
Important dates for 2019-2020:
- Early November - qualifying students will receive a candidate packet through English class
- December 3 - final deadline for turning in completed packet to Mrs. Crain
- Second week of December - acceptance / non-acceptance letters will be mailed
- January 3 - acceptence form due to Mrs. Crain
- January 16 - induction ceremony