The River Bend Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society was chartered in the Fall of 2016. The National Junior Honor Society is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding middle-level students. More than just an honor roll, NJHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments but also challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
Sponsors are Julia Barnett and Deb Sheridan. The NJHS members will meet periodically after school during the second semester to pursue activities in leadership and service.
Important dates for 2020-2021:
- November 13, 2020 - qualifying students will receive a candidate packet through email.
- December 4, 2020 - final deadline for turning in completed packet to Mrs. Barnett via email.
- Third week in December - acceptance / non-acceptance letters will be mailed
- January 6, 2020 - acceptence form due to Mrs. Barnett via email
- Week of January 10 - induction ceremony (Virtual). More information to come.