WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ME:
- send you a survey to complete. This will give me information about your interests, strengths and goals for the future.
- meet with you to learn more about you and your career goals.
- assist you case manager in completing your transition plan; a very important part of your IEP.
- attend your IEP meeting, if you are a junior or senior.
- share resources with you about careers, training and anything you might need to prepare for the future.
- invite you to attend group meetings to learn about all sorts of things such as NOVA, How to Study for your Permit Test, Apprenticeships, Careers, etc.
- help you explore possible careers.
- help you prepare for job interviews.
- help you create a beautiful, professional resume (upon request).
- collaborate with your teachers and counselor to make sure that you leave Park View High School ready to move on to your next adventure!!!
Park View Patriot Transition
Hello Park View Patriots and Families,
I am the Transition Teacher at Park View High School. I work with students who have IEPs, on their transition from high school to whatever they plan to do after high school. I have many resources to share about the following topics:
- Preparing for Employment
- Community and "4-Year" Colleges
- Post-secondary Accommodations
- Obtaining a Driver's License
- Joining the Military
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Adult Service Providers
- Medicaid Waivers
- ... And Much More
I can be reached, by e-mail, at email@example.com. I also have a Schoology Classroom. Through Schoology I have the ability to meet with students and families in my virtual Park View High School Transition Space.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions you have about transition.
I look forward to working with you and wish you an AMAZING 2020-2021 school year!!!