PEERs are students who are trained in basic counseling, listening and communication skills. PEERs are available to talk with other students who may have a problem but don't want to talk with an adult.
- Help new students feel at home at Broad Run.
- Help students to deal with frustrating situations: school, teachers, assignments, etc.
- Help students to manage stress, anxiety, and anger.
- Help students with loss (death, divorce, or break-up).
- Are there to listen when students need to vent or just have someone to listen to them.
We encourage you to seek out our services!
Meeting with a PEER is confidential UNLESS you are harming yourself, someone else, or someone is harming you. PEERs are required to alert the School Counselors to those issues.
Students may request a PEER by completing the PEER Meeting Request Form.
Anyone (students, school counselors, teachers, parents) who is concerned about a student may refer a student to PEER by completing the PEER Student Referral Form.
This year PEER will meet during third block in room 133.
Follow us on twitter @brhsPEER!