What is Resource?
The Resource Program at Harper Park is structured to provide students with a support system that assists them in managing their school work. Ms. Bower, Ms. Davis and Mr. Allsup create and maintain a structured and nurturing environment in which students can focus on their school work and become more independent learners capable of managing their intellectual growth.
During Resource the students are expected to participate in the following activities:
· Work on homework, study for tests and quizzes, complete make-up work, review class notes
· Work with team members and peers on projects
· Read independently
· Organize notebooks and agendas
· Receive enrichment on test-taking skills, study skills and organizational skills
· Receive additional support from the resource teachers, their peers and
their academic teachers