Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)What is PBIS?PBIS is a researched-based approach to effective discipline being implemented throughout LCPS.
Why implement PBIS at Potowmack Elementary School?
- The school's vision sets the stage for success.
- The school community shares the common language.
- Common practices are used consistently among students and staff in all areas.
- Staff clearly define and teach expectations.
- Schools develop a continuum of procedures for supporting positive and addressing negative behavior.
- PBIS teams continuously monitor for effeciveness and data analysis drives decision-making.
For more information on PBIS, please visit the following links:
- increase school community support and collaboration
- increase the positive school climate
- increase academic achievement
- reduce office referrals & suspensions