6 Mrs. Leslie Kole 7Mr. Jude Misik 8Ms. Anna Blevins
Mrs. Ashley Harper, Lead Counselor and Counselor for Special Education for all three gradesDuring Distance Learning please visit our HPMS UMHT (Unified Mental Health Team) Google Site for information that we will update regularly:Mission/Vision of Harper Park Middle School Counselors
The professional school counseling program at Harper Park Middle School provides equitable access and opportunity for all students in order that they may identify and achieve their goals in academic and career planning and personal/social development. Professional school counselors collaborate with the students, administration, teachers, parents, and stakeholders to create a sense of community and an environment of positive exchange. We will support a developmentally appropriate learning environment that celebrates our unique diversity. We create authentic relationships with our students and families based on mutual respect and honesty. The counseling program, aligned with the ASCA National Standards, supports achievement for all students so that they will become productive members of our global society.Click on your child's counselor's name on the left hand menu to access their page and grade specific information.
Counseling hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 until 3:30. Please call ahead for an appointment, if you wish to visit.
- Career Exploration: Students explore their own interest, strength, values & the relationship to the world of work.
- The Academies of Loudoun (ACL): LCPS Science and Technology Specialty Schools, the new facility opens this year! Students apply during the Fall of their 8th grade year and if accepted, attend ACL every other day, and attend their home high school on the opposite days.
- Monroe Advanced Technology Academy: Available to students in high school who desire to learn a skilled trade. One and two year programs leading to cerification are taught. MATA is housed at the new Academies of Loudoun building.
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology: Counselors coordinate the application process for 8th graders interested in the magnet school in Alexandria, Virginia
- Student Assistance Services: Interested students, with parental permission, may seek guidance from a representative of Loudoun County Mental Health Services.
- Substance Abuse Referrals: Students with potential alcohol/drug abuse may be referred for educational services.
- Student Recognition Activities: Counselors recognize the many achievements of students quarterly.
- Mistreatment/Bullying Prevention: Students in each grade receive instruction on recognizing and preventing agressive/harassing behaviors. Counselors maintain an online mistreatment reporting form, where kids can report acts of mistreatment in order to get help with the situation.
- Parent Workshops/Coffees - Throughout the year we will host workshops on a variety of topics that are helpful to parents as they navigate the teen and pre-teen years. Check out the School Counseling site for dates, as well as pay attention to your email, we will send out invitations via email.