Professional BiographyJaneth PenaWorld Languages
Mrs. Peña has been teaching Spanish in Loudoun County since 2007. She has experience teaching elementary, middle, high school, and adult education. She grew up in Bogotá, Colombia, is a graduate of Externado of Colombia University with a degree in Business and Administration, a specialization in Management Information Systems and completed her teaching credentials from University of Virginia.
Prior to teaching in Loudoun County, her travels over the years have taken her to places in the U.S. and Spanish-speaking world as her husband was serving in a diplomatic commission. Mrs. Peña also served in the Colombian Army as an officer and professor.
On a personal note, she has been part of the community of Loudoun County, since 1999. She loves spending time with her three children, hanging out with her Labradoodle dog, and feels privileged and blessed to be serving the Riverside school community.
My 2019-20 Schedule:
1st Planning 5th WL Common Planning 2nd Spanish IV H 6th Spanish IV H 3rd Spanish II 7th Study Hall 4th Spanish IV H 8th Spanish II
Email Sra. Pena Office hours: M-F beginning at 8:30
Gradebook & Class PageNHS Tutoring Request PagePhoenixAll my class information can be found in StudentVUE/ParentVUEClick the Phoenix link below.NHS Department Grading Policy Department Reassessment policy
2019-2020 Department Grading PolicyStudents enrolled in any of the spoken languages (Spanish, French, & German) will find the categorical breakdown of their quarter grades as follows:
Assignment Category Title Gradebook Weight
DEPARTMENT REASSESSING POLICY
World Languages & Cultures Re-assessment Policy Riverside High School 2019-2020
Retakes are intended to allow students to demonstrate mastery (83%) and have the following guidelines:
- Students are eligible for a retake only if they have not achieved mastery (scored below a 84% on the assessment)
- Students may not receive a score greater than 84% on any retake attempt
- The retake is a single attempt
- All work (homework assignments, formative assessments, etc.) related to the assessment have been completed
- Students must complete remediation prior to attempting the retake
- All retake attempts must be completed within two weeks after having been returned the original
- The highest score will be included in the overall grade calculation for the quarter
- Retakes are NOT offered on skills-based (reading, writing, listening, speaking) assessments, benchmark exams and county-wide proficiency exams (CPAs)
Extra Curricular Positions