The Characteristics of a Cornerstone Winner
- Shows consistent regard for school rule
- Service towards others; tutoring others, cleaning up classroom, setting up labs, SCA, etc.
- Sustained work effort
- Positive attitude about work; encourages others
- Shows effort to unify class, group, and team regarding class activities
- Demonstrates qualities of a leader: communicates needs of self, group or class, encourages others, optimism, etc.
- Helps others to be their best
- Shows performance equal to potential; shows academic curiosity
- Shows a renewed interest in subject, takes an interest in curriculum that goes beyond the standards willingly
Best Effort in Reading
- Shows marked increase in reading fluency and comprehension
Best Effort in Writing
- Demonstrates improvement in composition
Best Effort in Math
- Shows progress in arithmetic practices, computation, problem solving, and mathematical functioning skills