Humanity First Student Organization of Riverside High SchoolHFSO is a humanitarian relief group dedicated to aiding human development. The group's approach is to aid in growth and recovery by hosting projects that provide assistance to communities afflicted with war, poverty, and natural disasters. The projects are categorized under Health and Medical Programs, as well as Education and Vocational Programs. HFSO of Riverside High School works along with the global Humanity First organization to spread awareness in the community. Join and support the group's cause to 'preserve and safeguard human life and dignity.'
Board MembersSocial MediaEmail: Contact us by clicking HERE.Twitter: @HumanityFirstRVInstagram: @humanityfirstrvhsRemind: Text @humanityfi to 81010Facebook: @HumanityFirstRVHS (like us!)Snapchat: hfso.rvhs
- INOVA Blood Drive: HFSO planned and coordinated Riverside's first-ever blood drive in April 2018. Our third annual blood drive will take place in the spring of 2020.
- Fundraising for the Nasir Hospital in Guatemala: HFSO members hosted RVHS' first and second annual Valentine's Day carnation sale fundraiser. All funds raised were donated to the hospital. Our third annual fundraiser will start in January 2020.
- School Supply Drive: HFSO members hosted a school supply drive to raise money for the Bon Samaritan Primary School. Funds raised purchased large boxes of Crayola crayons and 1,328 pencil for Bon Samaritan students.
- Halloween Pumpkin Painting: HFSO members volunteered at the Loudoun Homeless Services Center to help decorate the center, paint pumpkins with the kids there, and donate and distribute costumes.
- Halloween Trunk-or-Treat: Students volunteered at the Loudoun Transitional Housing Center to help organize and provide dinner for community members, and also to provide Halloween treats for the kids there.
- Flint Water Crisis: The group worked to raise donation for the Flint, Michigan water crisis in 2015 by hosting a Spare Change Grade Level Competition Drive.
- Helping the Homeless in Washington, DC: HFSO members made sandwiches and brownies to bring to the homeless community in Franklin Park.
- Bus Driver Appreciation Week: The club contributed to a week of recognition and goodies for the fabulous bus drivers who bring students to and from RVHS.
- Made pillowcases and uplifting holiday cards for children staying at the Children's Inn at NIH.
- Winter coat drive in collaboration with FBLA at Riverside.