Welcome to FUTURA!
My name is Amy Cornell and I look forward to an exciting year with STRUCTURESas our curriculum theme for 2018-2019. This is my fourth year teaching Futura and my 16th year teaching overall. I received my undergraduate degree in Economics from Washington & Lee University, my Master's Degree in Education from the University of Texas Pan American, and my Gifted Endorsement from UVA. I have taught and lived all over the place, but now call Loudoun County home with my husband and two kids, Luke and Anna. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.OUR WISH LIST: Contributions for projects and general classroom use are very much appreciated! If you are interested in donating supplies, please visit the Sign Up Genius page:2018-2019 FUTURA SCHEDULE:
Monday - @ KWC for Culbert 5th Grade
Tuesday - @ CSP for Catoctin 4th & 5th Grades
Wednesday - @ CSP for Evergreen Mill 4th & 5th Grades
Thursday - @ CSP for Cool Spring 4th & 5th Grades
Friday - @ KWC for Culbert 4th Grade
Please let me know if you have expertise in any of the areas we explore this year with STRUCTURES as our theme. We love having parents share their knowledge and experiences!
ROUTINES & POLICIES:
- BUS: On your child's FUTURA day, students go to their home school and begin their day as usual. At approximately 8:45, they are bused to their FUTURA center (Cool Spring Elem) for FUTURA and remain there until 1:30/1:45 p.m., at which time they board the bus and return to their home school. Exact times may change according to updates in scheduling by transportation and school schedules.
- WHAT TO BRING TO FUTURA: Students bring their FUTURA binder and 1 or 2 pencils. If you normally pack lunch and/or a snack, bring that too. Of course, you may bring a book to read during lunch or recess.
- Students who were in FUTURA last year should bring their binders AND the dividers (please take out all the papers from last year at home). If you lost your binder from last year, please bring in a new 1" three ring binder.
- Students who are NEW to FUTURA (all 4th graders and some 5th graders) will be given a binder and set of dividers on the first day.
- LUNCH: Our Futura lunch time @ Cool Spring is from 11:40 to 12:10. Kids will undoubtedly be hungry long before that, and we will have a mid-morning snack when students arrive. Sharing is not allowed due to allergies. Students may pack their own lunch or buy it in the cafeteria. If they have a lunch account at their home school, they simply use the same ID number to "charge" it to that account.
- MEDICATIONS: Parents can bring in a medication to Mrs. Angela Clegg in the CSP school health office. Contact Mrs. Clegg at Cool Spring at 540-751-2540. PLEASE NOTE: Do not send medication with your child. It's against LCPS policy.
EXPECTATIONS for our FUTURA STUDENTS
- ABSENCES: Please email if your child is going to be absent: firstname.lastname@example.org
A FUTURA student is expected.....
- To participate actively in tasks and projects
- To develop and use plans
- To solve complex problems
- To think creatively
- To use critical thinking - reasoning and logic
- To be flexible and accept change
- To collaborate with fellow students
- To persevere - be persistent in difficult tasks
- To have good manners and behave properly
- To be kind and tolerant of others