FAMILY LIAISON ROLE AND MISSION
Research continues to emphasize the importance of parent involvement in promoting school success. Today’s families constantly deal with stress that impacts students’ abilities to participate in academic and extra-curricular school activities. If schools are to do an effective job of educating their increasingly diverse populations of students, they must find ways to communicate and build more cooperative working relationships with parents.
As the Family Liaison I can help you:
· Facilitate parent-school communication;
· Facilitate community agency referrals;
· Encourage parent involvement in our school;
· Foster trust between parents and the educational community
· Foster higher academic achievement through collaboration with school personnel.
The primary role of the Family Liaison is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children. Targeted are those parents who:
· need help in determining how best to help their children;
· may need clarification of their role in the educational process; and
· need assistance in making connections and accessing services.
What is a Family Liaison?
A Family Liaison is a person who works to bridge the communication between school and home by helping parents get the information, help, and support they need to ensure their child's academic and social success in school.
How can the Family Liaison help me?
Often, parents feel uncomfortable about sharing their questions or concerns with the teachers or school administration. Because good communication between home and school is such a vital part of your child's academic success, the Family Liaison will listen to your concerns and then work with you to make sure that your situation, question or point of view is expressed and understood. They will help and support you if you need to find ways to resolve any issues that may be hindering your child's success in school. Family Liaisons want to be sure that you understand what you can do to get involved, keep informed, share information, and help your child do his or her best.
What kind of assistance can I assist you with?
· Discuss some of the ways you can get more involved with school.
· Answer questions you may have about school rules and regulations.
· Help arrange meetings between you and your child’s teachers or the school administration so that important information about your child is shared and understood.
· At your request, accompany you to a parent conference or other important meetings at the school to help clarify information about your child or home situation.
· Help you arrange for an interpreter if you need to communicate in your own language.
Special help and services
· Find out whom you need to call or where you need to go to get special help or services for your child or your family.
· Personal Hygiene Needs
· School Supplies
· After School Programs
· Medical Assistance
· Vision Assistance
I work with families in strict confidentiality and distribution of school resources is given based on availability and at the discretion of the Principal.
You can always reach me at email@example.com