A Walk to the Park
Harper Park Middle School has several neighborhood areas in the walk zone. Students that live in these locations may walk or bike to school. Check walk zones here (look on the left navigation pane).Students must follow these rules when walking/biking to school:
- Students walking or biking to school must always consider using the safest route. Parents are asked to review the safest route and proper procedures for crossing a street.
- Students should use cross walks throughout the community where available.
- Students must stay on a sidewalk while walking to school and must cross Potomac Station Drive at the crosswalk in front of Harper Park. There will be a crossing guard stationed at this cross walk.
- Students who live in the Harper Park Middle School walk zone are permitted to ride their bike to school. Students should follow safety guidelines and must wear a helmet. All bikes are to be secured in the bike rack at the front entrance.
- Skateboards are not permitted on school property.
- Walkers must abide by all school rules while walking or biking to and from school. School rules apply until students enter their homes.
Students who do not live in a walk zone must ride school buses or have parents drive them to school. Students may receive a “walking pass” from their dean when they bring in a signed note from a parent indicating permission to go home with a walker.