Mission Statement: At Potomac Falls we value building relationships, working hard, and making connections to ensure students are life, college and career ready.
¡Hola! My name is Frederick Reed. Welcome to my homepage. This year I am teaching Spanish 2,3 & 5 at Potomac Falls High School. I was born in Spain and I have a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish from Virginia Tech and a Master's degree in Spanish language and culture from the Universidad de Salamanca. I have been teaching Spanish since 1997. This website will have useful information pertaining to my courses. I am available for extra help before school on B-days at 8:30 a.m. You can look in Google Classroom or receive updates on upcoming assignments on Remind. You can reach me at Frederick.email@example.com ¡Gracias!
New Google Meet schedule:
Spanish 5 (Block 1A) - Monday's @ 9:15 AM
Spanish 2 (Block 2A) - Friday's @ 10:00 AM
Spanish 2 (Block 3A) - Friday's @ 10:45 AM
Spanish 3 (Block 5B) - Monday's @ 12:45 PM
Spanish 3 (Block 8B) - Monday's @ 3:00 PM
* THE LINK TO THE GOOGLE MEET CLASS WILL APPEAR ON THE MAIN CLASS PAGE 10-15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE CLASS MEETING TIME.
* ALL ASSIGNMENTS AND ASSESSMENTS WILL BE DONE THROUGH GOOGLE CLASSROOM.
* STUDENTS HAVING COMPLETED ALL OF THE WORK WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A GRADE INCREASE AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR. SEE THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR THE 4TH QUARTER GRADING POLICY.
Q4 Grading PolicyWorld Languages & Cultures Re-assessment Policy-SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Retakes are intended to allow students to demonstrate mastery and have the following guidelines:
- Students are eligible for 1 retake per quiz
- The retake is a single attempt
- All work (homework assignments, or other formative assessments, etc.) related to the assessment have been completed
- Students must complete remediation prior to attempting the retake
- All retake attempts must be completed within two weeks after having been returned the original
- The highest score will be included in the overall grade calculation for the quarter
- Retakes are NOT offered on reading, writing, listening, speaking assessments, benchmark exams and county-wide proficiency exams (CPAs)