Mission Statement: At Potomac Falls we value building relationships, working hard, and making connections to ensure students are life, college and career ready.
¡Hola! My name is Frederick Reed. Welcome to my homepage. This year I am teaching Spanish 2,3 & 5 at Potomac Falls High School. I was born in Spain and I have a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish from Virginia Tech and a Master's degree in Spanish language and culture from the Universidad de Salamanca. I have been teaching Spanish since 1997. This website will have useful information pertaining to my courses. I am available for extra help during my office hours on Monday's from 9AM- 12PM. You can look in Schoology or receive updates on upcoming assignments on Remind. You can reach me at Frederick.firstname.lastname@example.org ¡Gracias!
PFHS Bell Schedule: https://www.lcps.org/domain/3639
Señor Reed's Schedule 20-21:
Spanish 3 (Block 1A) - Tuesday & Wednesday @ 9:26 AM
CORE (Block 2A) - Tuesday and Wednesday Friday's @ 10:54 AM
Spanish 5 (Block 3A) - Tuesday and Wednesday @ 1:07 PM
Spanish 3 (Block 6B) - Thursday and Friday @ 10:54 AM
Spanish 5 (Block 7B) - Thursday & Friday @ 1:07 PM
SFS 4 (Block 8B) - Thursday & Friday @ 2:35 PM
* ALL ASSIGNMENTS AND ASSESSMENTS WILL BE DONE THROUGH SCHOOLOGY.
* ALL ASSESSMENTS MUST AND WILL BE DONE LIVE INCLUDING MAKE UP ASSESSMENTS
Retakes are intended to allow students to demonstrate mastery and have the following guidelines:
- Students are eligible for 1 retake per quiz if the original score is below an 80%
- The retake is a single attempt. The highest grade achieveable on a retake is an 80%.
- All work (homework assignments, or other formative assessments, etc.) related to the assessment have been completed
- Students must complete remediation prior to attempting the retake
- All retake attempts must be completed within two weeks after having been returned the original
- The highest score will be included in the overall grade calculation for the quarter
- Retakes are NOT offered on reading, writing, listening, speaking assessments, benchmark exams and county-wide proficiency exams (CPAs)