Professional BiographyMarina AmorSpanish
My name is Marina Amor and this is my third year at Riverside High School. I’m looking forward to another exciting year!
I was born in Argentina. In 2007, I moved with my family to the US, when I joined the World Languages Program at Loudoun County Public Schools. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Bilingual Education, with a specialization in Younger Learners, and a Bachelor’s Degree in ESL both from Instituto del Profesorado Santa Catalina in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I also have a Master’s in Art History from Universidad Nacional de La Plata, in Argentina, and took post graduate classes in International Marketing from UNLP / Export Akademie Baden Wurtemberg. Presently, I'm working on a Masters in Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and Exceptional Learners at George Mason University.
I love Art, History and the Languages of different cultures. I have been a Professor of Art History, World History and Semiotics at the Universidad de Buenos Aires, the Universidad Nacional de La Plata, and Saint Catherine’s College in Argentina. Later, I turned my teaching interest towards younger students, and taught ESL and IB World History.
Prior to turning to full time teaching, I worked for many years in International Finances in Argentina.
My 2019 - 2020 Schedule:
1st Department Chair IC Planning/Meeting 5th WLC Common Planning 2nd Spanish V H (1215) 6th Spanish III (L210) 3rd Spanish V H (L208) 7th Planning 4th Spanish for Fluent Speakers I and II (L207) 8th Spanish for Fluent Speakers III H (L206) Course Information Gradebook & Class PageNHS Tutoring Request PagePhoenixNHS
DEPARTMENT GRADING POLICY
Students enrolled in any of the spoken languages (Spanish, French, & German) will find the categorical breakdown of their quarter grades as follows:
Assignment Category Title Gradebook Weight
World Languages & Cultures Re-assessment Policy
Riverside High School 2019-20
Retakes are intended to allow students to demonstrate mastery and have the following guidelines:
* Students are eligible for a retake only if they have not achieved mastery
* Students will receive the higher of the two grades up to a maximum of 83%
* The retake is a single attempt
* All work (homework assignments, formative assessments, etc.) related to the assessment have been completed
* Students must complete remediation prior to attempting the retake
* All retake attempts must be completed within two weeks after having been returned the original
* The highest score will be included in the overall grade calculation for the quarter
* Retakes are NOT offered on skills-based (reading, writing, listening, speaking) assessments, benchmark exams, and county-wide exams (CPAs)
Extra Curricular PositionsWorld Languages & Cultures Department ChairSpanish Honor Society Co-SponsorAmnesty International Sponsor