My name is Nannette Azzouz and I am the Parent Liaison at Liberty Elementary. I have been at Liberty from the very beginning and helped open the school. I have three children who have been part of the Loudoun School system. My daughter is a graduate of James Madison University. My oldest son will be attending college next fall and I have a rising 9th grader who will be attending Freedom High School.If your family needs assistance, please see this Resource Assistance form.
The primary role of the Parent Liaison is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children. Targeted are those parents who:
· need help in determining how best to help their children;
· are infrequent participants in school activities;
· may need clarification of their role in the educational process; and
· need assistance in making connections and accessing services
Research continues to emphasize the importance of parent involvement in promoting school success. Today’s families constantly deal with stress that impacts students’ abilities to participate in academic and extra-curricular school activities. If schools are to do an effective job of educating their increasingly diverse populations of students, they must find ways to communicate and build more cooperative working relationships with parents.
As your Parent Liaison, here are some things I can assist with:
· Facilitate parent-school communication;
· Facilitate community agency referrals;
· Encourage parent involvement in the school;
· Foster trust between parents and the educational