Loudoun County Public Schools provides Microsoft Office to every student and staff member free of charge. With Office 365, your child will now have access to the latest version of Word, for writing; Excel, for spreadsheets; PowerPoint, for presentations; OneNote, for organization and note taking; and much more. Students can:
- Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!)
- Use with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- Gain valuable skills on the world’s most popular productivity software
Office subscription lasts for as long as your child is a student at LCPS and the Microsoft program continuesFollow these simple steps to get Office or to login to Office 365:You will need LEAD/network credentials (studentID@student.lcps.org) to sign in.a. Visit LCPSGo to sign onb. Login using your LEAD credentials (student ID# and network password)c. Click on the Office 365 icon (the first time you will need to re-enter your studentID# and password)d. On the top right side of the Office 365 apps list, there is a "Download Office" option
Loudoun County Public Schools is not responsible for supporting or troubleshooting issues with personal devices. If you are having issues installing Office, please review the attached FAQ and guide located at http://aka.ms/Y0o21h for assistance or contact Microsoft Support directly.What is new in Office 2016?There are a number of new features, but a few notable enhancements are as follows:
- Real time co-authoring improvements in Word and PowerPoint.
- Tell Me: Simply type what you want to do in the app using your own words, and then Tell Me will guide you through the process as well as offer additional resources.
- PowerPoint enhancements including new Morph transitions, Office Mix for making video of your presentation, and automated slide Designer.
For a more complete list of enhancements in Office 2016 review details here.Can I install Office 2016 on my LCPS issued computer?No. It is already installed on all LCPS computers. At this time, Office 2016 should only be installed on your personally owned computer.Where do I get help?There are a number of online reference guides for the new versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote. These reference guides can be downloaded as a PDF or viewed in Sway. While LCPS is not responsible for supporting or trouble-shooting issues with personal computers, we are available to point you in the right direction if you have questions. The DTS Service Desk can be reached at 571-252-2112, Monday – Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.