Description:Science Olympiad competitions are like academic track meets, consisting of a series of 22 team events in each division (Division B is middle school). Each year, a portion of the events are rotated to reflect the ever-changing nature of genetics, earth science, chemistry, anatomy, physics, geology, mechanical engineering and technology. By combining events from all disciplines, Science Olympiad encourages a wide cross-section of students to get involved. Emphasis is placed on active, hands-on group participation. Through Science Olympiad, students, teachers, parents, principals and business leaders bond together and work toward a shared goal.Application Process and Meeting Schedule: Students will submit the the application on-line. CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE.Students will be selected on strength of application (which includes availability of parent participation), past experience, as well as science teacher recommendation.
- A completed application form is due by September 13th.
- The team will be announced by September 18th and an email will be sent to only Selected students.
- Parent/Student meeting for selected team members will be held on September 19th in School Library at 7pm. EMAIL WILL BE SEND TO SELECTED STUDENTS.
- Selected Students meet afterschool every Thursday starting September 26th in room B07 from 3:30pm to 4:30pm.( Responsibility of Parents in arranging the ride back to home either through pickup/afterschool bus).
SELECTED STUDENTS ONLY- After September 18th, 2019 Click here to Pay online (PREFERRED METHOD WITH NO ONLINE FEES) or pay by cash or checks made payable to FSMS by October 3rd.IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Parent participation, volunteering, and coaching is mandatory!
- There will be a $100 fee for participation in Science Olympiad in the 2019-2020 school year. This fee will be collected once the final team has been selected. Contact us for reduced fee application.
- 2019-2020cience Olympiad Flyer IF INTERESTED, Submit the form online
- Ms. Jennifer Simons (School Coach)
- Mrs.Indira Vinjamuri (Assistant Coach/Parent Volunteer)
- Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org