(REGISTRATION CLOSED FOR 2018-2019 YEAR. EMAIL SENT TO SELECTED STUDENTS)Description:Science Olympiad competitions are like academic track meets, consisting of a series of 23 team events in each division (Division B is middle school). Each year, a portion of the events are rotated to reflect the ever-changing nature of genetics, earth science, chemistry, anatomy, physics, geology, mechanical engineering and technology. By combining events from all disciplines, Science Olympiad encourages a wide cross-section of students to get involved. Emphasis is placed on active, hands-on group participation. Through Science Olympiad, students, teachers, parents, principals and business leaders bond together and work toward a shared goal.Application Process and Meeting Schedule: Students can pick up application forms in any house office or on-line. Students will be selected on strength of application (which includes availability of parent participation), past experience, as well as science teacher recommendation.
- A completed application form is due by September 10th.
- The team will be announced by September 13th and an email will be sent to only Selected students.
- A parent meeting for selected team members will be held on September 12th in School Library at 6:30pm. EMAIL SENT TO SELECTED STUDENTS.
- Selected Students meet afterschool every Thursday starting October 4th in room B07 from 3:30pm to 4:15pm.( Responsibility of Parents in arranging the ride back to home either through pickup/afterschool bus).
Click here to Pay online or pay by cash or checks made payable to FSMS by October 4th (SELECTED STUDENTS ONLY).IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Parent participation, volunteering, and coaching is mandatory!
- There will be a $100 fee for participation in Science Olympiad in the 2018-2019 school year. This fee will be collected once the final team has been selected
- 2018-2019 Science Olympiad Flyer IF INTERESTED, Submit the form online
- Ms. Jennifer Simons (School Liaison)
- Mrs.Indira Vinjamuri (School Coach/Parent Volunteer)
- Mrs.Veena Agaram (Assistant Coach/Parent Volunteer)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified on September 11, 2018