Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Music ~ Voice & Flute Performance Masters of Education ~ Curriculum & Instruction Masters of Education Leadership
Mrs. Elizabeth Bland
With over tweny-five years of experience, I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music Performance and Music Education with licensure in K-12 General, Choral and Instrumental Music. In addition, I have a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction from Keene State University and a second Master's Degree is in Educational Leadership and Administration from George Mason University with a license endorsement in Supervision K-12.
- Master's Degree Education Leadership: George Mason University
- Master's Degree, plus 30 additional graduate credits
- Master of Education - Curriculum and Instruction: Keene State College
- B.A. Music Performance - Voice & Flute: Towson State University
- Penn State Blue Band - Piccolo - The Pennsylvania State University
- World Music Drumming Levels I, II and III: The University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee
My husband Ken and I grew up in State College, Pennsylvania (Go Penn State!) We live in Hillsboro in a house that is listed on both the State of Virginia and National Historic Registries. We have three children. Our daughter Meredith, a graduate of Loudoun Valley High School and Lynchburg College, is working on the dual graduate degree, Master's in Athletic Training & Doctor of Physical Therapy at Shenandoah University. Our son Mark, a graduate of Woodgrove High School and The College of William and Mary, is a graduate student at Tulane University's School of Architecture, working on a Master's of Historic Preservation. A 2018 graduate of Woodgrove High School, our youngest son, Matthew attends Northwestern University in the McCormick School of Engineering.